Tuesday, June 4, 2013

From the Kitchen: Easy Garlic Chicken

It´s about time that I have a food post! It´s not that I haven´t been cooking all this time, the problem is I haven´t been attentive! I forget to take photos and lately remember to do it after we have started eating or after all the food is gone.

Today´s dish is from my Food folder on Pinterest (click to view original recipe, here) and it´s called Easy Garlic Chicken and after reading the preparation instructions, I can tell you it lives up to its name. I´ve prepared this with three people in mind. You will need the following:

3 Boneless and Chicken Breast
6 Garlic Cloves
4 tbs. Honey
1 tbs. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper.

When I got back from the supermarket I realized that I didn´t remember to get brown sugar and so I changed this out for honey. I also preheated the oven to 250 degrees and once I placed the chicken inside, I kept it at 230 for the first 10 minutes only. I then dropped the heat to 170 and it stayed there until I was sure the chicken was cooked.

I like to prepare baked food this way to avoid the food from getting burned (as much as possible) and to make sure that the food is cooked thoroughly. Slow and sure is my mantra when cooking.

I paired the chicken off with white rice.



As you can see from the photos, I shaped very crude holders for the individual chicken breasts. I did it to keep the honey from sticking to the baking pan and to hold in the honey and garlic mixturee and allow the chicken to just bake in the juices. I was a little worried that it would come out very sweet but that didn´t happen, in the end B loved it :)

No comments: